clear back
Social Share:

User Rating: 5 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar Active

It will be an all Clarendon final in the ISSA daCosta Cup football competition after many time finalists Clarendon College and first time finalists Central High won their semi-finals on a similar 5-4 in a sudden death penalty shootout at the STETHS Sports Complex in Santa Cruz.

Clarendon College and Manning’s School ended 1-1 after regulation time and they were still tied at 4-4 after the first set of penalties, the exact scenario between Central High and Manchester High.

The second game, between Central High and Manchester High, saw the second half being played in poor lighting as the floodlights at the venue proved to be ineffective and left large areas of the field in darkness.

Clarendon College was let off the hook twice by Mannings who led 1-0 at halftime and also led in the penalty shootout before having two of their last three shots saved.

The Westmoreland school took the lead in the 15th minute when Jhamaleek Porter opened the scoring with a shot from just inside the 18 yards box and between three defenders.

Clarendon College drew level early in the second half when Keheim Dixon’s weak header was dropped by Ashwani Campbell in Manning’s goal.

Both teams came close to winning the game in regulation but it went to penalties where Clarendon’s goalkeeper Romeo Daniels save two kicks from Manning’s once in the regular penalties and the one in sudden death to send his team through.

Central who had to pull off an upset win over Edwin Allen in the final game of the quarterfinals to get into the semi-finals, took the lead in the 24th minute when he out-muscled the Manchester High defence and scored from very close range.

After Yarek Carneigie missed a penalty kick in the first half, Nickoy Bartley who was on the field for a few minutes made amends when he scored a second penalty in the 55th minute to bring Manchester High level.

Manchester High blinked first when they missed their fourth kick but Central missed their fifth kick to force sudden death where Central High’s goalkeeper Leon Ricketts saved Tyreese Douglas’ kick and Clarke stepped up to score a historic kick for Central.

The Latest


Latest DaCosta Cup News

Ben Francis KO semis decided

Holders Edwin Allen High, two former winners Glenmuir High and Rusea’s High as well as first timers York Castle High…

Central makes history

Central High made history after they defied the odds to qualify for their first-ever ISSA daCosta Cup semi-finals after…

One nil, order of the day

All four games in the opening round of the ISSA DaCosta Cup quarterfinals ended in 1-0 scorelines on Wednesday. Edwin…

DCup quarterfinals completed

The quarterfinals of the ISSA daCosta Cup football competition were completed on Saturday as the drama unfolded at two…

Five quarterfinal spots taken

Cornwall College vs Paul Bogle action
Five of the eight spots in the ISSA daCosta Cup football competition have been filled after Dinthill Technical, William…

Garvey on thin ice

Garvey Maceo High’s ISSA DaCosta Cup title defence could end as early as Friday unless they beat Manchester High by two…

Two lose unbeaten tags

Former champions Dinthill Technical and York Castle High both had their unbeaten records snapped on Saturday as the…

Central surprise Irwin

Central High School’s 3-1 win over the previously unbeaten Irwin High was the only surprise in the first leg of the…

Cornwall given life line

Cornwall College were given a big lifeline for to qualify for the second round of the ISSA daCosta Cup football…